The Kennet Federation extends a warm welcome to all visitors. We hope these protocols help to ensure your visit goes well.
These protocols apply to all visitors including:
- All teaching and non-teaching staff employed by the school
- All external visitors entering the school site during the school day or after school activities (including agency staff, sport coaches and topic related visitors e.g. business people, authors, artists etc.)
- All governors
- All parents/carers
- Educational personnel (Local Authority Staff, Inspectors)
- Building and Maintenance Contractors
Visitors can expect to be treated with respect by our staff; in turn we ask that you are polite and respectful whilst on our premises.
Anyone behaving in an aggressive or disrespectful manner will be asked to leave immediately. Persistent offenders will be banned from the premises.
Entering and Leaving the School(s)
- Wherever possible visits should be pre-arranged
- Visitors must enter via the main entrance, state the purpose of their visit and advise who they are due to meet
- All visitors must sign into the visitors book
- All visitors must be prepared to show formal identification when requested
- If your visit involves working independently with children, you will be asked to produce a current enhanced DBS certificate along with your Photo ID
- Visitors without DBS clearance must be accompanied by a member of staff at all times
- Office staff will issue a visitor badge that must be worn at all times
- Visitors will be escorted to their point of contact or their point of contact will be asked to come to reception to receive the visitor. The contact will then be responsible for them while they are on site
- Your safety and wellbeing during your visit are important to us. As a visitor you have a legal duty to care for the Health and Safety of yourself and others
- If the Fire Alarm should sound, please leave the building by the nearest exit and proceed to the assembly point. DO NOT RE-ENTER THE BUILDING until you are told it is safe to do so
- The Kennet Federation operates a NO SMOKING POLICY (including e-cigarettes/vapes) which we ask you to respect. Please do not smoke on site or outside the school gates
- Staff have the right, and are encouraged, to question anyone on the school premises who they do not recognise
- Visitors must sign out and hand their visitor badge in at the end of the visit
(Please see our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy)
The welfare of all children at The Kennet Federation is our paramount concern. We want all children to be safe and to feel safe.
If you have a safeguarding concern please report to a member of staff.
Mobile Phones/Personal Devices:
- Mobile phones must not be used for any purpose in the presence of children and should be switched off/on silent mode to ensure they are not a distraction
- Mobile Phones and other personal devices must not be used to take photographs/recordings of children, their work or anything else which could identify a pupil
- The Executive Headteacher will decide on a case-by-case basis whether to allow for special arrangements for mobile phone use, so please ensure these are flagged for consideration where appropriate.